Monday, February 25, 2008

A little scare...

This morning I called in to Dr. D. to let her know that I had been feeling a few contractions over the weekend, which stopped after I drank some water and laid down for a while, and that Abby, while still moving the requisite 10 kicks in an hour, hadn't been moving as much as she normally did. I just was being "better safe than sorry," and expected her to tell me that all was well, but she wanted me to head over to St. John's to check things out. So THEN, I got nervous.

I drove over there and got all hooked up to the monitors... the babies both looked perfect, but my pulse was 142! Yikes. My BP was a little high as well, but while I sat there watching the babies heart rates on the strip, I got MUCH calmer. Of course, Abby started wiggling like a little fish as soon as she got hooked up to the monitor. ...

So all is well! In the end, it was a pretty good experience. The nurse was VERY great about telling me exactly what she was seeing and why it was good, and I had the opportunity to sign all of my consent forms, so I won't have to mess with them on the ACTUAL big day :).

Oh, and now we're officially allowed to deliver at St. John's! I am really surprised that we made it, but relieved that the babies are cooking so thoroughly. My aching joints are ready for them to be here, but I am so glad that I've been able to give them such a good uterine home :) Oh, and speaking of uteri... the nurse told me that my uterus was "irritable." :) No big surprise there!

Dan had a REALLY great time at the Rockets game! I watched off and on (during Oscar commercials) to see if I could see them, but to no avail... Brandon sent these pictures of the evening.

Yao!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, Nicci, you are not ginormous! You are actually looking very great. I know it doesn't seem so, but it is so. I am glad that everything turned out fine and that the babies were okay. In a year when Abby won't sit still, you'll look back on this and sigh.

I cannot wait to come see all FOUR of you. I didn't really realize until today that your household is going to double in the next month, wow.

Dan, did you hear that Yao is out for the season with a foot fracture. Not that I really care, but the pictures reminded me of a sports headline I read yesterday. Love you all.

Nicci Obert said...

What!! Jessie, how can you not care that Yao is injured!?!? Have you no heart? He is the heart and soul of our beloved Rockets!!! Yesterday was a very sad day indeed here in Houston... (I am only being a LITTLE bit sarcastic... it actually is really sad for the team... and probably worse for Yao, since his foot hurts.)

I am VERY ANXIOUSLY looking forward to doubling the size of our family... I know that I am supposed to be enjoying the moment, but man, oh man, the relaxin and/or progesterone, or whatever other hormones are loosening up my joints will NOT rest and it just plain hurts!!!

Can't wait to see you. Love, Nicci

Anonymous said...

I think perhaps at this point, with the joint pain and hugeosity, you should just take to the couch. Push the ottoman into the corner and pile up the pillows, blankets, books, and bon bons. Dan can refresh the bon bons as needed, right?