Our appointment yesterday went very smoothly... the babies are still doing well and have plenty of amniotic fluid, and the status of my cervix hasn't changed since last week. Heartbeats are strong, and while the babies stubbornly refuse to stay on the monitor for the Non-Stress Test, they do really well in the follow-up biophysical profile. I think that they just like to be on display, since the latter is on the video ultrasound :) Hams.
The girls are still breech, so we're talking about scheduling a C-section. I asked if we could do it that day :), and Dr. Davenport said the standard is 39 weeks (March 17), but that if everything looked good with the babies, she may take mercy on me and schedule it for Week 38 (March 10). WOO HOOO!!! We'll have babies within the month!!!
Of course, the babies may have other ideas and come early. At this point (34+ weeks), we're out of the "danger zone." The babies might have some initial breathing issues, but chances are good that there won't be anything long-lasting. By Week 36, even the respiratory issues are minimal.
Get your vote in on the poll on the left to let us know when you think the babies will come!
I had another dream about being a terrible mom to my singleton son last night. At least this time, we were keeping him in a crib! I just kept forgetting he was there, and I kept feeding him formula mixed with pizza spices (?!?) that I got from a sandwich baggie. And Dan kept insisting on putting him to sleep with tons of blankets and stuffed animals, so I'd have to dig and dig through everything to find him whenever he needed to be fed... at least this time we were remembering to feed him! However, at some point, I realized that I'd forgotten to change his diaper... ever. Luckily, he was just really, really soaked! Yikes. I'm anxious for the girls to get here!
2 comments:
Wow, that's a well stocked nursery!! It looks like you're all set!
I know dreams are just dreams, but I'm kinda glad you guys are having two girls instead of one boy! The nursery looks great, as does Mike, and everything looks ready to go. Can't wait for the little buggers to get here, then I'll have the three cutest grandbabies in the whole world. Love to all, Nana O
Post a Comment