Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Update

It was an exciting weekend for the Obert family! On Friday, Dan's coworkers hosted an incredible shower... we were truly overwhelmed by their generosity! AND, the cake was delicious :)

Here is Dan in his office, which I got to see for the first time... that's right, I got to make a first impression on his coworkers at almost 40 pounds over my normal weight. Oh well :) The view isn't clear from the picture, but it overlooks the harbor, which is awesome. Dan can watch the cruise ships sail in and out. Amazing.

On Saturday, our dresser/changing table finally arrived! It took a VERY long time to assemble, but Dan's patience was well-rewarded with the outcome.... it's absolutely perfect. We're beginning to organize our diapers, supplies, and clothes, and soon, the nursery will be complete... just in time!





This is me at 33 Weeks, 4 days. I'm sore, but must be getting used to it. I have a little cold or something... my ears are all plugged up... but other than that, I'm feeling pretty good! We have anywhere from 3-5 weeks now! Whoa!




And we would be remiss if we never featured our other twins, Mike and Rica, on the blog. We're having balmy weather in the 70's, and the cats have been LOVING the windows being open. I'm not going to lie... I, too, have been reveling in the amazing weather, all winter, really, with reports from our families in Montana and Illinois... we are truly blessed in Texas! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, when Mike claims he's bigger than Rica, do you tell him they'll have to go back-to-back?

Anyhoosiers. Dan, you look very official and handsome at your desk. woowoo. The changing table is beautiful! Good job. Nicci, you look great too. But that shirt makes you look a little pregnant.:)

I cannot wait to see you all. Love you.

Anonymous said...

did it really take 35 hours to put the change table together?

Why do you have a can of playdough on the table?

do you have a kink in your neck because the girs are both on one side?

so many questions.
GPaS

Nicci Obert said...

Jessie, we can't wait to see you either! I am going to need HELP!!!

Silly Dad. It just took about 3-4 hours :) And that is "Butt Paste" on the changing table, which Brandon swears by. I am sure that I'm tilting my head at some silly comment made by my Sunday morning photographer... he fancies himself hilarious. To be honest, I usually agree.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'll come help soon enough, but you'll do fine until then. It's amazing how the mom in you will kick in, you'll just know what to do. Butt paste is great, so is bag balm. Hailey calls it cow medicine, but it really helps. I can't wait to get there, now that I got the okay from work I am ten times as excited. Nicci, neck kinked or not, you still look beautiful.

Anonymous said...

hey dont forget about your family in wisconsin we have had over 20 inches of snow in the last week and the last 2 days were below zero BEFORE windchill... i need to come visit soooon have those babies already!

Anonymous said...

Nicci and Dan - You both look fabulous! Neither one of you ever looked like that here, though!

Congratulations on everything. What a nice life you have! And it's only going to get better.

Thanks for the blog. I really enjoy the updates! Take care and love to you both!

Deb