Saturday, May 17, 2008
Daddy's Home!
The girls and I were VERY glad to see Dan last night! He returned from his first business trip away from us; he's been in Tempe, AZ at a conference since Tuesday evening. We managed pretty well without him, but missed him like crazy. Aunt Marti came to help out in the mornings on Wednesday and Friday, and Sybil and her family were here on Thursday... it was GREAT to have company! Cindy spent the night on Wednesday, which was very much appreciated... the house creaks a lot louder and more often when Dan is gone!
The girls wore their cool Dad shirts to pick Dan up at the airport. Both girls were excited to see their Dad, although Abby was a little fussy just before we left.
We had a bit of a fright just before Dan got on the plane in AZ... after Izzy's nap, I changed her diaper and she arched her back and wouldn't breathe for what felt like forever and I was VERY worried it was a seizure. All of the years of CPR/first aid and lifeguarding and reading child development books and thinking that I had it together went totally out the window when I held my little girl who was clearly hurting and had no idea how to make it better. I prayed, picked her up, and called the doctor. It was afterhours, so the nurse asked a bunch of questions and while I was talking to her, Izzy had a major poop, and I'm pretty certain that explained the symptoms, but it took a while for me to really accept that and settle down. Ugh. Sybil gave me a lecture today on making wise choices and calling her when crises arise, since she's two blocks away, and in this case, sitting at home with her mom, who is a nurse. :)
Today, we went to drive a Toyota Sienna. We are committed now to buying a (used) minivan, but are still in the research phase. We'll go drive a Honda Odyssey sometime soon and make our decision shortly thereafter!





No comments:
Post a Comment