Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. We've been taking pictures, but just haven't made it into the office to upload and post them. The girls continue to interact more and more, which has been such a delight to us. Dan was watching the mini videos the other day and saying that he knows that some of this mom stuff is hard, but that he thinks I'm pretty lucky because I get to be there for all the giggles and coos and things. I DO feel incredibly blessed because of that! The girls are really delighted by their Dad when he comes home... I'm sometimes jealous because they'll be fussy for me all day sometimes, and then laugh for Dad on command. Not that it's a competition... :)
Sometimes I feel like our house is too quiet and that I don't talk to the girls enough, but I'm working on becoming my own personal narrator... I'm just hoping no one bugs our house because honestly, I'm sure I sound like a bit of a goofball sometimes. But the girls' vocabulary is at stake, so I do what I must! :) Here, I put Abby in the high chair while I did some baking, and told her what we were making and how and why (mint brownies for Sybil and Ted in celebration of Nathaniel). She was pretty much nonplussed, but at least she learned some important words like "unsweetened Baker's chocolate" (and why NEVER to taste it) and "peppermint extract."
We're still getting 7-hour stretches of sleep which is fantastic. We had one night where the girls went back to three 4-hour cycles, but they're learning to go back to sleep if we give them a pacifier instead of a feeding, and that is just wonderful. They are also both really great about their afternoon nap, which is golden. We haven't really determined a perfect time for the morning nap, so I'm just letting them sleep when they want to in the living room with me. That's allowed me to get some individual time with the non-sleeping twin, which I've been concerned about, so it all works out.
My cousin Annie and her husband Andy came over to visit this evening, which was really fun! Annie is a natural with babies, and the girls loved her :)
Tomorrow is our big day at the beach! I am SO excited about Mother's Day! Hopefully we'll have lots of fun pictures up soon!
My cousin Annie and her husband Andy came over to visit this evening, which was really fun! Annie is a natural with babies, and the girls loved her :)
Tomorrow is our big day at the beach! I am SO excited about Mother's Day! Hopefully we'll have lots of fun pictures up soon!








No comments:
Post a Comment