The girls have had a fun and busy week. I found a Bumbo on craigslist.com, so we have been helping the girls practice their head control in short little bursts. Izzy is a little better at it than Abby, although we think it may be that Abby is a little lazier and more stubborn... she also resists tummy time more than her sister, but if she can be distracted enough, she holds her head steady just fine. Dad kept her entertained while reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, which ended up being a longer story than either of them anticipated :) We have our eyes out for another Bumbo so that the girls can sit together.
I'm really loving craigslist.com, and the "marketplace" feature from my Mothers of Multiples website, because it seems pretty asinine to spend ridiculous amounts of money (i.e., full price) on TWO sets of all of these baby items that the girls will use for, at maximum, six months before they outgrow them. I've become an excellent bargain hunter :) There are a couple of baby resale shops in League City that I'm planning to drag the girls (and maybe Sybil and Nathaniel) to in the next week or so, and hopefully we'll find some great treasures!
Tuesday morning, we hosted a playdate for three other sets of twins that I met through the Mothers of Multiples group...that's right... eight infants in the living room! It was really nice getting to talk to other twin moms about the things that we struggle with... like getting frustrated about not being able to tend to both twins adequately at the same time, and dealing with the paparazzi whenever we go to the grocery store :) The other twins were all a little older than the girls, and the girls slept for most of the morning, but it was fun nonetheless! It's interesting to be around babies at different stages, so that I can see what the girls will be into next.
This morning, the girls were in a fun and happy mood, and wanted to play Wild Obert Girls. Here's an outtake. :) I'm not certain that they're truly recognizing and acknowledging each other, but it's really fun when they seem to do so!
This afternoon, Nathaniel came to visit for a little while so that Sybil could take care of some things for her mother-in-law, who is in the hospital. We had a fun time with him...he is getting much more alert. He let out a yell at one point, and both of the girls turned their heads to him... they're not used to hearing baby boys!








No comments:
Post a Comment