Friday, May 2, 2008

Exercise time




The girls get some play and exercise time in the mornings after their first "wakeful feeding" of the day. Sometimes (OK, once so far) this is at 6ish, but usually I put them back to bed after that feeding (and go back to sleep myself), and then we all get up at 9 for the day. The girls have always liked their tummy time, but it's getting more and more fun for them (and for me!) now that they have a little more upper body strength and head control. We just got an activity gym (thank you Alejandra and Jake!!) that the girls, especially Abby, seem to love. They're just reaching and grasping for things by mistake so far, but they are definitely intrigued by the different hanging toys. They're also starting to make noises that are "coos" rather than just newborn grunts. It's pretty fun.






My laundry is still not getting folded with any timeliness and I have a lot of paperwork piling up in the office, but since I've elected to prioritize my time with the girls, I've been a lot more lenient on myself and consequently, less stressed. I WILL, however, get thank you notes out this week... my BIG apologies for not being better about that!



Izzy, Izzy, Abby, Izzy (In the outfits from Aunt Casey)


Dan and I are going to make a plan this weekend for working out a schedule for him to study for his next milestone in the Actuarial Path to Fellowship. I think we're both loathe to have him away from the girls, but it's a temporary thing, and it's important. He is also taking a business trip for a conference in AZ May 13-16, so that will be an adventure for his girls at home! I'll be calling on my local support system, so those of you in the area... be ready! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are some cute outfits if i do say so myself