These are really fun for me because they show how quickly the girls are changing! The first few times that we put them on the activity mat, they seemed to like it, but weren't really tracking or noticing the toys, except by accident. Now, they're really watching them. I'm not convinced that they're reaching for them yet, but I'm sure that's coming soon!
We've been reading quite a bit lately. We read excerpts from The Song of Hiawatha daily.. the girls tolerate it well, I think because they like the rhythm of the poem. They HATE The Little Red Hen. They're also tolerant of the Sandra Boynton books, probably because I LOVE them and my voice is probably very happy... particularly when Hippos Go Berserk. :) Izzy seems a little more interested in the pictures than Abby does, but neither of them really "gets it" yet. They're young, I know :)
The girls are smiling, smiling, smiling these days, which is so much fun. I'm starting to hit a brick wall of tiredness lately, and the little joys of watching my girls laugh is sometimes just enough to keep me pepped up when they're ready to be awake at 7 AM. They're napping really well (and napping right now) in the afternoon, and they're going to bed much better. We put them down around 9 or so, and they just get up once at 2-3 and then again at about 6:30. The middle-of-the-night business is not ideal, but if it gets to be too much, at least I can look forward to napping with them. It's still really hard to get other things done, so I save things up for the weekends... which sometimes backfires when we have things to do. Alas. I know that things will start to fall into a routine soon, and I'll survive in the meantime.
Running errands is REALLY a challenge during the day. It's hard to justify hauling out the stroller, putting both girls' car seats in it, and then balancing any items I might need to bring in (i.e., Mother's Day gifts to send at the UPS store) in one hand while I maneuver the stroller with the other, when I'm parked directly in front of the strip mall and it takes longer to get ready to go in than it does to take care of business once I'm there. But, it is still fun to be a celebrity and to have everyone ooh and ahh over the girls. :)
We're going to the beach after church for Mother's Day. I am VERY excited. We're packing a picnic lunch and taking the girls in the water for the first time. We got them their first pair of sunglasses, which Izzy was happy to model :)







2 comments:
Have you looked into a Moby wrap? www.mobywrap.com. You can carry both girls on you and have your hands free. Matthew lived in ours for the first 4 months or so. Might make doing your errands easier! Also, if you are looking for sleep help, look at Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It talks all about reading baby's sleep cues, getting them to bed before they are tired, putting to bed early which actually helps them sleep longer. Just an idea. :-)
Watching the video of the two of them under the toys, I was suddenly hit with a vision of Nicci in panic when they start to crawl and head off in different directions at full speed.
Could you slow thir growth a little so they are still babies when we get there in July.
GPA S
Post a Comment